2019 Buy Nearby Photo Contest Rules
- Michigan Retailers Association, the contest Sponsor, has partnered with your downtown to hold a Buy Nearby photo contest. Buy Nearby is a campaign that promotes Michigan retail businesses and educates consumers on why it’s important to keep their shopping dollars in Michigan.
- You must make your purchase during the timeframe of Nov. 26-Dec. 2, 2019.
- By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest and states that he or she is 18 years old or older.
- How to enter.
A. Entrants may participate in the contest by taking a photograph or “selfie” that shows their recent local purchase, shopping at a local business in Michigan, or any similar photo that promotes shopping local in Michigan.
B. Entrants must post their photo on Facebook, under the contest ad’s post, or on Instagram using the #BuyNearbyMI hashtag or tagging @mibuynearby.
C. No purchase is necessary. Entrants need only submit a photograph of themselves shopping in Michigan. Entrants do not need to purchase any items to participate.
D. One entry per contestant.
- A winner will be chosen at random and the winner will receive a $100.00 Visa Gift Card within 60 days after the contest concludes.
- By submitting a photograph, entrants agree to grant Michigan Retailers Association, the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and republish, the photographs in displays related to the contest, in Buy Nearby printed and electronic material, and in any and all media now or hereafter know for illustration, promotion, art, advertising and trade, news, informational and educational purposes. Entrant thereby releases and discharges Michigan Retailers Association from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photo, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy.
- All entrants hold Michigan Retailers Association and Retailer, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents (the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against all claims of any nature, arising or in connection with entrant’s participation in the contest and acceptance or use of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not liable for any costs, damages, injuries, or other claims incurred as a result of entrants’ participation in the contest or the winner’s acceptance and usage of a prize. The Indemnified Parties are not responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries, technical or network malfunctions or failures, or causes beyond their control. Entrants are solely responsible for their entries. Entrants may not submit materials that are off-topic, contain, partisan-political, contain nudity, personal attacks or expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, libelous, obscene, false, sexually explicit, or that infringes on the rights of any third party.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Michigan Retailers Association reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the winners, Michigan Retailers Association reserves the right to award or not award the prize in its sole discretion. Michigan Retailers Association reserves the rights to disqualify any entrant whose entry or conduct appears in any way to: inhibit the enjoyment of others; tamper with the competition, violate these rules or other applicable law or regulation; infringe upon the rights of third parties. Decisions of Michigan Retailers Association are final and binding.